Current D Use
⚠ Please check the the new page on dlang.org for an up-to-date list.
Organizations and notable projects using D:
- Facebook - See announcement in the forums.
- putao.com - From China's largest children's science and technology company. Large scale use of D programming language (distributed systems and cloud storage).
- weka.io - Storage startup (stealth mode) - Talk here
- Sociomantic - real-time bidding for eCommerce. DConf 2013 talk. Historically based on D1 / Tango but from their public comments code is being migrated to D2. Talk
- Remedy Games - game development. DConf 2013 talk.
- Funkwerk Aktiengesellschaft - passenger information systems. DConf 2013 talk. Uses D2 / Phobos.
- EMSI - economic modeling. Talk Discussion. Github
- RandomStorm - network security products and services. Uses D2 / Phobos.
- 2night.it - italian website about nightlife. Uses D2/phobos for webservice (ios/android app) and for language parsing.
- SR Labs - Eye Tracking Systems Integrator
- Funatics Software GmbH - MMO Game Developer (See Newsgroup announcement).
- Infognition - mostly video processing technologies and products. Uses D2, Phobos and DFL. (have a post Why D?)
- Auburn Sounds - audio plugins. (announce)
- Social Magnetics - Distributed Storage, Processing & Messaging PaaS (stealth mode)
- Large Hedge Fund D is a core part of the production trading system - receiving market data, electronic trading, processing large text files
- Adroll: big data marketing
- Ebay's command line utilities for tab-separated value files
- Tripaneer.com - Themed vacation websites. All infrastructure is in D
- Symmetry Investments - Hedge Fund developing a variety of in-house and open source software in D.
- ArabiaWeather - Weather Systems - Developing real-time weather-related systems and tools, everything within the Weather Technology department is written in D, it's beautiful, highly performant, scalable and reliable.
- ABA Games (2004-2005). Written in D 0.x, includes source code.
- Mayhem Intergalactic - the first commercial video game written in D (2007). Newsgroup announcement.
- STACK4 (2013-2014). Gameserver Backend written in D 2. See Newsgroup announcement.
- Xomb - an exokernel operating system written in D.
- GInMA - a 2D and 3D dynamic geometry system (DGS) written in D1 (2010).
- Verifiable Functional Purity in Java (2008). Praises D's approach to purity.